You would be amazed at what chemicals are in the everyday items we use. From hand soap and bathroom cleaners to lotions and air fresheners, they all contain, to some extent, chemicals that could be harmful when used improperly or over an extended period. Thus, the importance of non-toxic pest control products in your home becomes imperative, especially when you have children, those with sensitivities, and pets. And all the more harmful are the chemicals often used to dispose of household pests like ants, roaches, spiders, and fleas.
Types of Harmful Chemicals
If the products you use to make things "clean" are polluting your home, imagine what toxic pest control products are doing to your health. Even safe products will always have the warning, "Keep out of the reach of children." This is because while harmless in minute quantities, an overdose of these products could result in undesired consequences.
Understanding product safety and handling is imperative when handling any type of chemical, toxin-free or not. As the saying goes, “Everything in moderation.”
Common household cleaners contain chemicals that are deemed as carcinogens, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services. You can only imagine what is in a product that is meant to get rid of unwanted bugs and insects.
Dangers of Pesticides
Accidental inhalation or consumption of these products is not the only danger. Even residue left behind on counters, floors, and other surfaces are absorbed through the skin and can be just as harmful as putting it in your mouth. Thus, the need for gloves when you handle many products. This is only amplified when you consider smaller children who grab everything and put it in their mouths. This oversight can cause children to become ill.
Other dangers of these pesticides and chemicals are:
- Birth defects
- Developmental issues
- Severe illnesses
With all the dangers out there, it is crucial that you find non-toxic products to use in and around your home. This includes finding a non-toxic insecticide because bugs around the house can cause much more of a health issue.
What Is the Importance of Non-Toxic Pest Control?
Having a chemical-free home may not be completely achievable because we don’t always know what is in a product, and we don’t always know how each of us will react to what a product contains. But to gain an advantage in the areas that we have control over is a great start. This can begin with the pesticides we use to rid our homes of bugs and insects.
Dr. Killigan’s offers a 100% safe and toxin-free alternatives to the carcinogen-laden pest control products we see on shelves everywhere. Don’t be fooled by ads for ‘safe’ products. Do your research and read labels carefully. Your health and well-being depend on it. Even with our products, we challenge you to research our ingredients. We stand behind the products that we produce. In fact, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely happy with any of our non-toxic products, then contact us, and we will not hesitate to make things right.
When you consider non-toxic and how important is it, you need to look no further than Dr. Killigan’s. A pest issue is a serious issue, and you want to rid your home of roaches, ants, moths, spiders, fleas, and other creepy crawlies. Dr. Killigan’s is known by its creed of “Killing Them Softly.” This means everything we create is harsh chemical and toxin-free. Safe for you, safe for your home, safe for the little ones.